Covid-19 Alert Level 4
We assume that you’ve heard the news? All of New Zealand is now in Alert Level 4, which means we’re all in lockdown either working from home or waiting to get back to work. We thought we’d update you on what Alert Level 4 looks like for us at Betta Inspect It.
Due to the nature of the business, our inspectors cannot and will not be conducting any building inspections during Alert Level 4. However, our call centre is operating from home.
What’s this mean for you? If you need to book in a building inspection, or reschedule your building inspection, then our call centre team are here to help. If you had a building inspection booked in for the week, you should have heard from someone by now to reschedule this.
At Betta Inspect It we take health and safety very seriously. Assuming the rules are the same as last time, our inspectors will be allowed to provide you with building inspection services as soon as we go into Alert Level 3.
We feel that we hold not only a moral, but social responsibility to ensure that the potential spread of covid-19 is minimized and that both our team members and the general public are always kept safe. Below outlines the precautions our inspectors need to follow to do just this:
- We will confirm that no one living in the property is currently in isolation due to covid-19
- We will confirm that no one living in the property has been in contact with anyone with covid-19
- We will confirm that no one living in the property has been sick with flu like symptoms in the last two weeks
- We will request that no one else is present during the onsite inspection i.e. the inspector is the only person inside the house and/or building during the inspection
We will request access to be gained via one of the following methods:
- Meeting someone onsite to unlock the door. Our inspector is to wait in their car until the person providing access either calls them via phone or provides confirmation of access via a signal. At no point in time is our inspector to be within two metres of the person providing access. This is our preferred method
- Picking up keys and dropping them back from a mutually agreed location
- Our inspectors will conduct all inspections while wearing disposable gloves.
- Our inspectors will conduct all inspections while wearing a face mask.
- Our inspectors will not touch any furniture, possessions or any other structure or chattel while inspecting the property. However they may need to open the roof and subfloor space access hatches to complete the inspection.
- Our inspectors will sanitize all their tools, including their phones or tablets, on exiting the property.
- Our inspectors will sanitize their hands prior to and immediately after they have conducted your building inspection.
At no time will our inspectors operate outside of the above rules. These rules are set for the safety of our inspectors as well as you. We believe that the above steps ensure we can provide an effective means to operate safely. If you require a job safety analysis we can produce this.